Saturday, July 14, 2012

Big Island Part 4: More Diving and an $800 Bill Swims By

Here are some photos from some of the dives last week.

Great Barracuda are not my favorite thing to see. Most fish swim away when you face them, these barracuda just stare you down. They grow to about 6 feet long. I snapped this photo as I hid behind the reef.

School of Raccoon Butterflyfish 

I think this is just the shedded exoskeleton of a small crab. 

A Potters Angelfish and Agile Chromis 

On Shelley's first dive over here we found this awesome Manta Ray. 

This juvenile chevron tang has an awesome pattern and coloring.

This baby Yellowtail Coris was difficult to photograph, I snapped about 10 photos of the little guy and this was the best I got. I wish he was facing the camera. Oh well.

Today while diving somewhere South of Kona, I was patiently waiting for a Potters Angelfish to come out of its hiding spot. Suddenly, a super rare Bandit's Angelfish swam right up to my mask and than swam away. I was able to snap some poor photos of it, but I can't believe I saw one.

If you want one for your aquarium, this place is selling them for a little over $800.

Here are the photos I got, I am keeping the dive location secret to hopefully protect the fish from poachers.



No comments:

Post a Comment